Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I can see it!

Random tech and unexpected inability to get cards notwithstanding, this is what I intend to take into Chicago's continental qualifier this September. I feel as though I've done all I can with the deck, so from here on out it's a matter of refining myself as a player.

Grade 0 (17)

1 Godhawk, Ichibyoshi
4 Lozenge Magus
4 Psychic Bird
4 Oracle Guardian Nike
2 Miracle Kid
2 Dream Eater

Grade 1 (15)

4 Goddess of the Crescent Moon, Tsukuyomi
4 Oracle Guardian Gemini
4 Battle Sister Chocolat
3 Petal Fairy

Grade 2 (12)

4 Goddess of the Half Moon, Tsukuyomi
4 Oracle Guardian Red-Eye
4 Silent Tom

Grade 3 (6)

3 Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi
3 CEO Amaterasu

While running 4-4 in the Grade 3 lineup IS super consistent, the deck will ultimately suffer from a lack of shields. Beyond that, it also means you're losing out on vital support (Petal, Red-Eye) or offensive (Tom) units. It's just not worth the more frequent threat of megablasting, especially since that can lead to deck out anyway...

Most match-ups feel like they're in my favor, though Spectral Duke Dragon and other such incredibly offensive decks still scare the pants off me.

No comments:

Post a Comment