Saturday, June 16, 2012

Galaxy Stores Local Tournament - Week 7

I had a lot of fun today. Made a bunch of trades, got in some epic games, and really... I just keep absorbing new little bits and pieces of information that make me an even better player. We played swiss today!

Round 1 - Oracle Think Tank vs. Standard Gold Paladin

Lesson for everyone - just because you have limit break does not mean taking damage is okay. If you're at 4 going into turn 3 (or before it, even!), you're not likely going to win. This guy had to learn it the hard way. Aggro pushes and appropriate triggers had me dominating the match despite getting these godawful hands loaded with grade 3s.

Round 2 - Oracle Think Tank vs. Ergodiel Angel Feather

Never saw a grade 3 in the game 1. Sadly, Tom cannot do all the work on his own, especially without Gemini in support. Game 2 was more of the same. I did get the CEO a couple turns late, but it wasn't enough.

Round 3 - Oracle Think Tank vs. Narukami

I took the hint from my first two rounds and decided to pile shuffle for every match at this point. It worked out! Brilliant hands on my end, mediocre to bad ones on his. Especial Interceptors can suck on my Gemini.

Top 4 - Oracle Think Tank vs. Gancelot Royal Paladin

Ohey dere younger nephew. We were both looking for our rematch against the Angel Feather player, so I couldn't just let him go.

Game 1 was comfortable outplaying. Game 2 had to be the funniest thing ever. I opened with the first turn and had no Grade 2 in hand, so I rode Cocoa, and I confirmed my top card to be a Wiseman. I kept it there with every intention of guarding his one attack and getting it. But he decided to go for two! I tried to keep Wiseman in tact, but a Stand Trigger busted through my 10K shield and I ended up getting hit yet again. My turn... top deck Maiden of Libra! Ride, swing at the rear guard Pongal to kill it and draw a card, denying him of the superior ride he was banking on to win (he didn't get gradelocked or anything, but his plan did fall to pieces).

Finals - Oracle Think Tank vs. Ergodiel Angel Feather

All in all it was a close and intense match with little to no misplays on either end. Narrowly lost the first and last games, with game 2 being a total curbstomp battle in my favor thanks to a combo of Libra and Mocha (he barely managed to reach grade 3). You basically always have to let your rear guards go unless guarding for 5K keeps them on the board. That goes for either side.


Pulled Beaumains and Barbiel, traded the Barbiel for Pongal, and got a chuckle out of hist straight rare packs as well. I might be able to play Granblue next week. If not, I'm just gonna take the tourney with Oracles! Here's what I played:

Grade 0 (16)

4 Lozenge Magus
4 Psychic Bird
3 Oracle Guardian, Nike
3 Miracle Kid
2 Dream Eater

Grade 1 (15)

4 Oracle Guardian, Gemini
4 Battle Sister Cocoa
4 Battle Sister Chocolat
3 Luck Bird

Grade 2 (12)

4 Oracle Guardian, Wiseman
2 Maiden of Libra
4 Battle Sister, Mocha
2 Silent Tom

Grade 3 (7)

4 CEO Amaterasu
3 Oracle Guardian Apollon

Gonna just go for the 8 crit after all; the best defense is a good offense.

2 comments:

  1. A lot of people do. Which one is kind of a mixed bag from week to week.

    ReplyDelete