Saturday, August 4, 2012

Galaxy Stores Local Tournament - Week 13

Thistourneywasoversofastlikeomg.

Round 1 - vs. GP

BATTLE OF THE GRADE LOCKS. That said I had slightly better fortune and won.

Round 2 - vs. CoCoBros

Older nephew sacked my socks off qq. Doesn't help that I can never take him seriously. Needless to say, his luck ran out at the end of the day and he had no idea what to do playing a game with normal progression. GOOD JOB.

Round 3 - vs. Spectral Duke GP

The curse continues. This guy has yet to beat me in the tourney. Game one was super weird. He missed the grade 1 ride and drove check the grade 1 Vortimer, while I chose not to ride a Ghost Ship because I had no Grade 3 or means to unlock it on hand. I never did reach grade 3, but won due to continued pressure from Ruin Shades and even a Skull Dragon in the end. Triggers on the turns he decided to Limit Break helped. Game two I just sorta ran him over, and I didn't find out until after the fact why - 8 draws in his deck due to not owning Flame of Victory. BOO.

Missed the top cut, nephews failed, friend decided to play a random budget deck because he wasn't feeling his usual decks, and that crashed and burned too. Oops.

At any rate, I'll be back to playing Oracles next week with any luck (ie. the BT03 boxes showing up on release date as opposed to shipping on release date).

3 comments:

  1. Oracle.. C'mon man, Granblue is where it's at! Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not like I'm just abandoning the deck. o-o

      Though you have to understand that, while I really do enjoy Granblue and my Overlord hybrid, they've just been serving as placeholders until I can assemble the deck I've had my sights on from the very beginning - Tsukuyomi.

      Delete
  2. Haha I understand, I'm just not the biggest fan of Oracle :p The two main decks I'm running are Granblue(Main) and then Dudley Emp Spike (Sub). Really want to make Great Nature when it comes out in English though haha

    ReplyDelete